Set of 100 Guatemalan Worry Dolls with Pouch in 100% Cotton, "The Worry Doll Clan"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Dressed in a variety of colorful dresses, 100 Guatemalan worry dolls are here to preserve ancient Maya traditions. Legend has it that the Maya Sun God gave princess Ixmucané the gift of solving people's problems. With time people started making dolls in Ixmucané's honor and they would tell her their woes, hoping she would solve them through the dolls. "This tradition is still alive," says Ana from the Lopez Garcia Family. "The idea is to have many worry dolls and trust each one with whatever troubles you. Once you've told them, you put them under your pillow. It is said that during the night, while we sleep, the dolls will whisper the solution to our troubles. For us, crafting the worry dolls - muñequitas quita penas - is our main source of income. It allows us to provide our children with an education as well as a job for all of us."
The set of 100 arrives in a pedal-loomed cotton pouch.
Please expect slight variations in color and size as each doll is crafted by hand with available materials, rendering each one unique.
- 0.30 kgs
- 0.7 lbs
- Each (100): 6.35 cm H x 2 cm W x 1.8 cm D
- Each (100): 2.5" H x 0.8" W x 0.7" D
- Pouch: 27.94 cm L x 21.59 cm W
- Pouch: 11" L x 8.5" W
- 100% cotton, polyurethane, tule, nylon, paper
- Not a toy. Not intended for use by children age 12 or under.
- Not a toy and not intended for use in or near cribs, beds, playpens, or carriages
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Guatemala.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America