Hand Carved Soapstone Owl Candle Holders (Pair), "Lucky Owls"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Depicted in polished soapstone, soft feathers and big, wise eyes reveal the material's fascinating grain. Gulam Rasool sculpts a pair of lucky owl candleholders that stand guard over glowing tea lights placed inside.
- 0.80 kgs
- 1.8 lbs
- Each: 12 cm H x 7.5 cm Diam.
- Each: 4.7" H x 3" Diam.
- Candle(s) included
- Natural stone - some variations in color and/or pattern are to be expected
- For use with tealights only
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Surface may become warm or hot during use; place on a protected surface
- Keep away from children and pets
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in India.
- Certified and shipped by our office in India
Close to his eightieth birthday, Gulam continues the art he learned from his elders. His father was an marble carver and jali artisan honored with the state award for excellence. Gulam has been honored with the same distinction. He still works alongside his son and other artisans to whom he has taught this craft, and treasures the role he plays in continuing this important Indian artistic tradition.
Nearing his eighth decade, master stone sculptor Gulam Rasool continues to provide for his family, especially his grandchildren.